Monday, February 10, 2014

My New Favorite Meatloaf Recipe

I posted a meatloaf recipe a while back on here. I really liked it and then came across a recipe that had some "hidden" veggies in it that looked really good. I decided to combine the two recipes to make my own. I took different bits of each recipe to make my own version and Andy and I really like it. I've made it twice now and it's very good. I keep forgetting to take a picture of it, but here is the recipe.

Brittany's Meatloaf
3lbs ground beef or turkey (I usually use a mix)
2 eggs
2 c. plain bread crumbs
1 c. each of finely chopped carrots, celery, onion, bell pepper (I use red or yellow)
3/4c. grated parmesan cheese
1/2c ketchup
2 tsp garlic salt
2 tsp dried parsley
2 tbsp brown sugar

Mix all ingredients together and form into two loaves. Top with ketchup.  Place in 2 baking dishes and bake at 350 for 1 hour.

This makes 2 meat loaves, you can freeze one for later if you like. I have made it with only 2lbs of meat and kept the remaining ingredients the same to make 1 loaf also. 

I use my food processor to chop the veggies. The carrots are still a little firm in the meatloaf even when chopped extra fine, I think next time I may lightly steam the carrots to see if that works better. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers