I made some of my favorite cookies this afternoon! Don't you just love cookies with oatmeal?! You must try this recipe!
Orange-Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
1 cup unsalted butter, softened (I used salted because it's what I had on hand and it turned out fine)
2 cups light brown sugar
2 tsp orange zest
1 tsp orange extract
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups oats
2 cups dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl cream together the butter and brown sugar.
3. Add in eggs one at a time until blended.
4. Add zest and extracts.
5. In a medium bowl mix flour, soda, and salt.
6. Add oats to dry ingredients and mix well.
7. Add oat mixture to wet dough and mix thoroughly.
8. Mix in cranberries.
9. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet bake for about 10 minutes. They are done when the edges are turning brown but the insides look doughy.
10. Let them cool on the cookie sheet for 4 minutes, then transfer them to waxed paper or a cooling rack to cool.
It makes about 4 1/2 dozen cookies using a heaping teaspoon you eat with.