Saturday, April 16, 2011

Frugal Friday - Make Your Own Foaming Hand Soap

For this Frugal Friday Post (I know it's Saturday, I tried to post it yesterday but it wouldn't let me for some reason) I'm going to show you how to make your own foaming hand soap. I love foaming hand soap but hate to pay the price for it. I quickly found out how to make it and I've been making my own for years! It's SUPER cheap and you can make it in the time it takes you to refill your dispenser. And the best part is you can use your favorite regular soap or body wash! For the last several years I have gotten several little gift baskets/bags that had small bottles of body wash in them. I hated to throw them out but I simply couldn't use them all up so I turned them into hand soap! I haven't had to buy soap for over a year!

WHAT YOU NEED:
Foaming Soap Dispenser (This will cost some money. I just bought one with soap in it and once the soap was gone made my own to refill)
Liquid Hand Soap or Body Wash
Water

HOW YOU MAKE IT:

1. Pour a small amount of soap into your soap dispenser. Less than an inch.



2.  Fill the dispenser with water.

3. Give it a little shake and let it mix together. This will take a few hours to get fully incorporated, but you can still use it in the meantime just give it a good shake before using. Once the soap is all mixed (you can no longer see a separation and it's one solution) it's done!



Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers