Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Baby Update!

Wow! It has been so long since I've blogged, so much for my blogging more goal.

Anyway I thought I'd do a much needed baby update. So I have not been taking weekly pictures. There really wasn't much change at all in the beginning and even now there isn't enough to do weekly pictures. I did the 6wk pic and then not again until 16wks and 20wks. I'll probably keep doing the pics every 4 weeks, maybe switching to weekly closer to the end, we'll see.

I had my first OB appointment on 3/5/13, which happened to be my mom's birthday. Everything went well and we got another ultrasound to check the baby's heartbeat. This time we even got to take home pictures! The baby's heartrate was 162bpm and it was just over 1 1/2 inches long and about the size of a fig.  Here is what Baby Center had to say about the baby's development at our first appointment.

A profile pic of our little peanut! The oval on the left is the head, and the oval on the right the belly. If you look close to where the head and belly meet the bright area on the baby near the facing the top of the pic is the mouth and nose. Baby is lying on it's back looking up in this pic.

This is a close up of the heart and heartbeat.
 My second OB appointment was on 4/2/13. Andy's sister's birthday! This appointment was pretty uneventful, no pictures or ultrasound, but we did hear the heartbeat on the doppler. The heartbeat was 156bpm. I was 15 weeks and the baby was about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighed in at about 2 1/2 ounces about the size of an apple.

I felt the baby move for the first time on 4/27/13, I was 18w4d. I'm definitely feeling it more often now but still not really strong or constant. I know it will come though.

I'm currently 20 weeks, halfway there! The baby is now the as long as a banana and is 6 1/2 inches long and 10 1/2 oz.

Now on to the belly pictures!

16 Weeks
20 Weeks



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers