Monday, August 8, 2011

Make Your Own Monday...Taco Seasoning!

I've been making my own taco seasoning for quite awhile now. It's SO simple and I prefer the taste over the pre-packaged kinds. Plus I know exactly what's in it, no added salt or msg, or any other funky chemicals I can't pronounce. My sister makes a different version, I haven't tried hers yet. I'm going to include both of ours and a couple other versions I've come across for you to try out.

Brittany's Taco Seasoning
6 tsp Chili Powder
5 tsp Paprika
4 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
2 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
2 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1 1/2 tsp Cornstarch
1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper

Just mix everything together and store in an airtight container I use an old spice container (one of the taller ones). 2 tbsp plus 1 tsp equals 1 packet of seasoning. This recipe makes 3 "batches" you can multiply it to make more if you wish.

Kayla's Taco Seasoning
1 Tbsp Chili Powder
1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp Onion Powder
1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
1/4 tsp Dried Oregano
1/2 tsp Paprika
1 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Black Pepper

Kayla said she just mixes everything together and then just sprinkles some on the meat to taste.

Taco Seasoning
1 tbsp Chili Powder
2 tsp Onion Powder
1 tsp Ground Cumin
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Oregano
1 tsp Sugar
1/2 tsp Salt

Mix together. Entire recipe is equivalent to 1 packet of seasoning.

Taco Seasoning Ole'
3/4 c. Dried Minced Onion
1/4 c. Salt
1/4 c. Chili Powder
1 tbsp Dried Oregano
2 tbsp each: Cornstarch, Crushed Red Pepper, Dried Minced Garlic, Ground Cumin

Combine all ingredients and store in an airtight container. To Use: 2 Tbsp Seasoning, 1/2 c. water and 1 lb meat.

Mexican Seasoning Mix
1 c. Minced Dried Onion
2/3 c. Beef Bouillon
1/3 c.Chili Powder
2 Tbsp Cumin
4 tsp Ground Pepper
4 tsp Oregano
2 tsp Garlic Powder

Mix all ingredients and store in a jar. Use 3 Tbsp mix and 1/2 c water for each pound of meat.

I've only tried "my" recipe, if you try any let me know which one and how it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers