On 7/30/13 I had to take off my wedding ring. They were getting too tight. I did get a vaccination shot in my left arm at my appointment on Monday so it may be swelling from that. My arm was extremely sore and I could hardly move it for several days. It is still a tad sore, but basically back to normal now.
On 8/1/13 Kanaan was still vertex and fluid was at 9.1cm. He got 10/10 on BPP/NST.
- Continue to pray that the fluid increases. We are in the normal range, but the low end of normal. We are about to the stage where fluid levels typically peak and then start to drop for normal pregnancies. Pray that it continues to increase and does not drop at all.
- Continue to pray that his lungs will be developed in order for him to survive after birth. Even though he does do practice breathing, that has no impact on whether his lung function will be able to support life after he is born. Nobody is really sure how/when the fluid-lung connection works, his increasing fluid now may be good for his lungs, but it may be too late and missed the time to build his lungs. We won't have any idea if his lungs will be developed at all until he is born. His lungs may be fine, he may need respiratory help, or they may be so underdeveloped there is nothing to be done and he won't make it longer than a few minutes. Even though the increased fluid reduces the chance of still birth, he is still at a great danger of not having the lung function to survive. We aren't out of the woods yet.
- Pray that the clogged milk duct clears up and I will not have to have surgery to remove it.
- Pray that my blood pressure is fine at my next appointment and continues to be so for the remainder of the pregnancy.
- Pray Kanaan continues to remain head down, so that I can have a chance at a natural delivery. I really do not want a c-section.