Are you overwhelmed by clutter? Do you feel like your house is beyond help? Do you suffer from CHAOS(Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome)? Join me on the path to a peaceful, clutter free way of life.
I recently came across FLY Lady's website while visiting one of my favorite blogs Created to be...HIS and thought it would be the perfect thing to start. I'm going to do it on here so you can follow along too! It's a great way to declutter, organize, and streamline your life to make everyday go more smoothly and be more productive. FLY stands for Finally Loving Yourself, the program is all about not being a perfectionist and using small things to make your home, housework, a better place without beating yourself up about it. Even though I will be posting the FLYbaby steps on here, I encourage you to look into the website, there are endless resources available. Just don't get carried away at first, one of the main points of the program is taking small baby steps each day to develop habits rather than doing it all at once and feeling overwhelmed. Keep in mind your house didn't get this way overnight and it won't recover overnight so just quit beating yourself up about it.
Ready to start? Here we go...
Baby Step 1. Go Shine Your Sink
Here are the directions on how to shine your sink the first time. You won't have to do this whole process every day.
Be sure to rinse well between each step.
1. Take all the dishes out of the sink.
2. Run very hot water into the sink. Fill to the rim. Only do one side at a time. Then add 1 cup of bleach to the sink and let it sit for 1 hour. Then use some tongs to pull the plug. Don't get the bleach water on your clothes!
3. Rinse your sink well.
4. Use some cleanser to scrub your sink. Make sure you thoroughly rinse the cleanser out of your sink.
5. Take a sharp edge and clean around the rim of your sink, just like you would clean under your fingernails.
6.Clean around the faucets too. You may need an old toothbrush.
7. Now get your window cleaner and give it a good shine.
8. If you are still not happy with it you can use some car wax, but it really is thoroughly cleaned and doesn't have to be perfect.
9. Everytime you run water in your sink dry it out with a dishtowel, no more water spots.
10. Don't have a fit if someone doesn't take as much pride in your sink as you do. It is very easy to fix. You have already done the hard part. You will never have to go through this process again. Daily maintenance will keep it looking this way all the time.
After you do these steps the first time you won't have to do them everynight. All you'll need to do is wipe it out with a towel each time you use it, and make sure it's clean and empty each night before you go to bed. Having the sink shining is "FLYLady's" way of giving you a hug each morning!
The main purpose of this program is to do small steps that become a daily routine. I'd love to know if you are going to join me on this adventure!