Thursday, June 2, 2011

Make Your Own...Turkey Sausage

Last week I was wanting to make more breakfast burritos, but I wanted to make them with turkey sausage instead of pork to be healthier. Since our small town doesn't carry turkey sausage, but it does carry ground turkey so I made my own! It was super simple and very good. I was a little skeptical when I read the ingredient list, but the end result is fantastic!

Turkey Sausage
1 pound lean ground turkey
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger




1. Crumble turkey into a large bowl.








2. Add the salt, sage, pepper and ginger.









 3. Mix well. You can shape into patties if desired or simply cook as is. In a nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, cook over medium heat until done. If making patties, cook until the internal temperature is 165 degrees F.




4. Enjoy!!!

P.S. Let me know how you like it if you try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers